Broccoli and Almonds with Black Pepper Dressing
- 250g broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 small Spanish onion, sliced
- 1 small red capsicum, sliced
- 2 tablespoons flaked almonds
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- Pinch of sea salt
Step by Step Guide
Step 1.In a 2 litre microwave safe casserole dish, combine the broccoli and onion. Cover and cook for 1-2 minutes on HIGH (100%).
Add the capsicum. Cook for 30 - 60 seconds on HIGH (100%). Allow to stand for 1 minute.
Place the almonds in a single layer on a sheet of paper towel. Cook for 60 – 90 seconds on HIGH (100%), turning at least every 20 seconds. Watch closely to prevent burning. Set aside.
Combine the vinegar, oil, pepper and salt in a small dish. Whisk for a few seconds to combine.