Sharp Plasmacluster Air Purifiers FAQs
1. What is Plasmacluster Technology?
Plasmacluster Technology is when a series of positive and negative ions are created through an ion generator and distributed through the air. The negative and positive ions then attach themselves to various forms of airborne bacteria, mould and viruses in the atmosphere. The ions surround them and break down the molecules.
2. What are the major benefits of Plasmacluster Ions?
Plasmacluster Ion Technology is affective against:
- Deactivating airborne allergens, bacteria, mould spores & viruses
- Reduces unpleasant household odours including cooking, pets, garbage and cigarette smoke odours
- Refreshes the air by replenishing it with negative ions
3. Does the Plasmacluster cure all allergies including hay fever and dust mite?
The Plasmacluster Air purifier is not a medical device, we cannot claim it can cure allergies or Asthma. However the product’s filtration system, including the pre-filters, Apatite HEPA (High Efficiency Particle Air) and active Carbon filters are highly effective in dealing with airborne allergens such as dust mite, pet and pollen that trigger allergies and Asthma. The HEPA filter is a specially designed filter that captures particles as small as 0.3 of micron, effectively cleaning 99.97% of the surrounding air.
4. How effective is the Plasmacluster in deodorising household odours including cigarette and pet smells?
The built in ion generator, which emits positive and negative ions into the air, is highly effective at neutralising unpleasant odours such as cooking odours, tobacco smoke, mildew and pets smells.
5. Are Sharp Plasmacluster Ions different from negative Ions?
Yes. Sharp Plasmacluster Ions are a combination of positive and negative ions. This combination of ions produces hydroxyl radicals with a powerful activated effect, to remove airborne viruses/mould and undesirable odours. Negative only ions have the effect of refreshing the air in a room. Positive and negative ions that make up a cluster ion occur naturally and are safe and harmless.
6. Is the Plasmacluster expensive to run?
No, not at all. In fact the Sharp Plasmacluster is designed so that it can be run 24 hours 7 days a week if required.
7. How often should the filters be replaced?
Filter replacement is dependent on the model & its use. Approximately 5 years for FUW53JW, 2 Years for FUW28JW/FUY30JW and 10 years for KCA50JW/KCA60JW.
8. How much do the replacement filters cost?
9. How do Sharp Air Purifiers differ from other brands?
Sharp Air Purifiers use passive (air filters) & active (Plasmacluster Technology) methods of air purification.