PaperCut MF is a photocopy & print quota, charging, tracking and monitoring system designed to promote responsible photocopier, printer and MFD usage. PaperCut provides: Activity monitoring, Quotas, Charging and Detailed logging.
Why PaperCut MF?
PaperCut MF enables organisations of any size to manage all photocopying and printing produced across their entire multi-functional copier and printer fleets using a single low cost software application,
To capture “off the glass” walk-up copying, faxing, scanning and printing, PaperCut MF supports direct TCP/IP network connection with selected 3rd party hardware terminals enabling user authentication and access via common card formats including; Bar Coded Cards, HID and Mifare Smart Cards. Clients also have the option to implement touch screen terminals as an “all in one” copy / print-station, enabling greater interactive information for users and options for site messages and organisational logos.
How it works?
PaperCut MF works by intercepting printer usage at the server level, calculating the usage cost, and deducting this from a central account associated with the user’s login. Administrators can define a quota by scheduling credit allocation at defined intervals.
Alternatively, use the Top-Up/Pre-Paid Card tools to implement a self-managing user-pays system.
MFD usage is calculated on a cost-per-page basis with advanced charging options available for color, different page sizes and double-sided printing.
In a business environment, PaperCut is often implemented in “silent mode” where only managers are made aware of usage and cost via password protected real-time activity reports.
In a school or university environment, PaperCut is run in a visible “restricted” mode. Users exceeding their credit are automatically denied access to the resources. Staff members are granted access to shared accounts to track printing by department or faculty.
Intuitive and Easy to Use
PaperCut MF is regarded as the simplest system of its type to deploy and manage. Ease-of-use is a core feature. Selected users can be delegated management control via a familiar web browser interface. System administrators have full access to advanced administration and configuration options. Highlights include:
- Automatic scheduling of quota/credit
- Rules to control automatic user account creation
- One-click access to activity reports
- Simplify tracking and management of prints, copies, scans and faxes
- Roaming Print capability promoting user mobility, convenience and productivity
- Secure release of printed documents to networked Sharp MFPs
- Manage total output volumes and eliminate waste
- Centralised Cost Centre Charge-back and Environmental Impact Reporting
- Centralised Device Management
- Staff ID card technology integration with MS Active Directory network accounts
- On-going Solution Support for Roaming Print Solution